Mississippi state and local regulations governing the retailing of own-grown vegetables:
- As long as the vegetables are in the raw form (uncut and unprocessed), there are no permits that are required by the Mississippi Department of Agriculture and Commerce.
- If the vegetables are processed in any way, a permit is required from the Mississippi Health Department.
- Grower is required to get the county privilege license.
MarketMaker is an internet marketing tool linking growers and producers with grocery stores, food processors, specialty outlets and food industry groups.
- Go to http://foodmarketmaker.com,
- Go to "Register Your Business".
Search for Horticulture and Vegetable Businesses at MarketMaker:
- Go to -- http://ms.foodmarketmaker.com.
- Select the food or seafood product or service you are looking for.
Wholesale Market Vegetable Prices:
- Atlanta Terminal Prices - http://www.ams.usda.gov/mnreports/aj_fv020.txt
- Dallas Terminal Prices - http://www.ams.usda.gov/mnreports/da_fv020.txt
- St. Louis Terminal Prices - http://www.ams.usda.gov/mnreports/xx_fv020.txt
- Chicago Terminal Prices - http://www.ams.usda.gov/mnreports/hx_fv020.txt
- Baltimore Terminal Prices - http://www.ams.usda.gov/mnreports/bp_fv020.txt
- Miami Terminal Prices - http://www.ams.usda.gov/mnreports/mh_fv020.txt
- Columbia Terminal Prices - http://www.ams.usda.gov/mnreports/ca_fv020.txt
- Los Angeles Terminal Prices - http://www.ams.usda.gov/mnreports/hc_fv020.txt
- San Francisco Terminal Prices - http://www.ams.usda.gov/mnreports/sx_fv020.txt
- Boston Terminal Prices - http://www.ams.usda.gov/mnreports/bh_fv020.txt
- Philadelphia Terminal Prices - http://www.ams.usda.gov/mnreports/na_fv020.txt
- New York Terminal Prices - http://www.ams.usda.gov/mnreports/nx_fv020.txt