MarketMaker is an interactive mapping system that locates businesses and markets of agricultural and seafood products in Mississippi, as well as in other member states, providing an important link between producers and consumers.
MarketMaker Training Workshop
WHO: This in-service training and outreach program is available upon request by groups of 6-12 participants from:
- Sea Grant and Land Grant Extension
- State regulatory agencies
- Local government agencies
- Non-profit organizations
- Food and seafood businesses
- School teachers and youth
WHEN: To be arranged upon request and will soon be available online for individual participation
TIME: Five, 30-minute sessions
WHERE: CREC or at a County Extension Office with WIFI
COST: FREE. If available, please bring your own laptop and smart phones.
WORKSHOP TOPICS: (Will be tailored to participants' needs)
- Introduction to MarketMaker (FAQs)
- Create and Update Business Profile in MarketMaker
- Integrate Social Media Networks in Business Profile
- Conduct Business Search in MarketMaker
- Conduct Market Research in MarketMaker (Module 1; Module 2; Module 3)
- Participate in MarketMaker Impact Assessment
INSERVICE CREDIT: 2.5 hours
- You will leave our workshop with the ability to help producers and growers within your communities create business profiles that will showcase their products.
- The same skills can be used to teach consumers about MarketMaker and how they can use it to locate goods and services they desire.
“This program is funded in part through grants provided through Gulf States Marine Fisheries Commission, Oil Disaster Recovery Program under NOAA Fisheries grant award number NA10NMF4770481”.