ECONOMIC CONTRIBUTIONS AND LABOR MANAGEMENT IN THE ENVIRONMENTAL HORTICULTURE INDUSTRY
- Investigate labor management practices and mechanization in the nursery and greenhouse industry.
- Assess the economic impacts of research and consumer preferences on vegetable, specialty crops, and fruit production.
SOCIOECONOMIC IMPACT OF AQUATIC ANIMAL DISEASES
- Develop a methodology for assessing the socioeconomic impacts of aquatic animal diseases.
- Pilot-test the assessment methodology in aquatic animal outbreaks in any major producing state, region, country or continent.
SEAFOOD, AQUACULTURE AND HORTICULTURE EMPLOYMENT AND WAGES
- Develop a methodology for assessing the economic resiliency of marine industries.
- Compile employment and wages databases in the seafood, aquaculture, and horticulture industries.
GULF SEAFOOD AND AQUACULTURE PRICE ANALYSIS
- Monitor monthly ex-vessel and wholesale prices of shrimp products.
- Monitor monthly wholesale prices of aquaculture products.
MARINE AQUACULTURE PRODUCTION SYSTEMS
- Develop economic models for commercial marine finfish and shellfish culture systems.
- Compile aquaculture production and input usage databases.
ECONOMIC IMPACTS OF THE NATURAL AND TECHNOLOGICAL DISASTERS
- Compile multi-year economic databases of marine industries and coastal counties.
- Develop economic recovery models of marine industries and coastal counties.
HORTICULTURE AND MARINE ECONOMICS OUTREACH
- Provide specific clientele groups with basic and advanced analysis of economic issues in coastal areas, state, Gulf and beyond.
- Timely conduct of economic research on horticultural, marine, and coastal-related issues was the key to a successful extension program.
- Presentations of results were conducted at producers meetings, scientific conferences, and industry workshops.
- The use of the Internet and social media networks played a vital complementary function in extension programming.
MISSISSIPPI MARKETMAKER OUTREACH PROGRAM
- Promote your food business by creating a business profile and updating it regularly as additional information about your business becomes available at https://ms.foodmarketmaker.com/
- The MarketMaker training workshop is available upon request by a group of 6-12 food producers, extension agents, state regulatory agency personnel, and school teachers. Email Dr. Ben Posadas for details at email@example.com.
HORTICULTURE AND MARINE ECONOMICS PROGRAM ONLINE VALUATION SURVEY
I truly appreciate your two-minute assessment of the economic impact of my research and extension program at https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/hortmarine.