22. Wells RJD, TinHan T, Dance M, Drymon JM, Falterman B, Ajemian MJ, Stunz GW, Mohan JA, Hoffmayer ER, Driggers WB III, McKinney JA. 2018. Movement, behavior and habitat use of a marine apex predator, the scalloped hammerhead. Frontiers in Marine Science 5:321. doi: 10.3389/fmars.2018.00321.
21. Powers SP, Drymon JM, LouAllen-Hightower C, Spearman T, Bosarge GS, Jefferson A. 2018. Distribution and age composition of Red Snapper Lutjanus campechanus across the inner continental shelf of the north-central Gulf of Mexico. Transactions of the American Fisheries Society 1-15.
20. Stone LC, Drymon JM, Nelson TR, Powers SP. 2018. Biotelemetry based estimates of greater amberjack (Seriola dumerili) post-release mortality in the northcentral Gulf of Mexico. Fisheries Research 208: 239-246.
19. Grüss A, Perryman H, Babcock EA, … Drymon JM et al. 2018. Monitoring programs of the US Gulf of Mexico: inventory, development of a large monitoring database, and use of the large monitoring database to map the spatial distribution of fish and invertebrates of the US Gulf of Mexico. Reviews in Fish Biology and Fisheries.
16. Karnauskas M, Walter J, Campbell MD, Pollack AG, Drymon JM, Powers SP. 2017. Red Snapper distribution on natural habitats and artificial structures in the northern Gulf of Mexico. Marine and Coastal Fisheries 9:50-67.
14. Harrington T, Plumlee JD, Drymon JM, Wells RJD. 2016. Diets of Atlantic Sharpnose Shark (Rhizoprionodon terraenovae) and Bonnethead (Sphyrna tiburo) in the northern Gulf of Mexico. Gulf and Caribbean Research.
13. Davis WT, Drymon JM, Powers SP. 2015. Spatial and dietary overlap leads to competition between red snapper (Lutjanus campechanus) and vermilion snapper (Rhomboplites aurorubens). PLoS One 10(12): e0144051. DOI: 10.1371/journal.pone.0144051
12. Kroetz AM, Powers SP, Drymon JM. Park K. 2015. Anthropogenic modifications to a barrier island modify Bonnethead (Sphyrna tiburo) movements in the northern Gulf of Mexico. Animal Biotelemetry (2015) 3:38.
10. Scyphers SB, Powers SP, Akins JL, Drymon JM, Martin CW, Schobernd ZH, Schofield PJ, Shipp RL, Theodore TS. 2014. The role of citizens in detecting and responding to a rapid marine invasion. Conservation Letters. DOI 10.1111/conl.12127.
9. Powers SP, Hernandez FJ, Condon RH, Drymon JM, Free C. 2013. Novel pathways for injury: direct, sublethal and indirect effects of the Deepwater Horizon explosion on pelagic Sargassum communities. PLoS One 8(9): e74802.
8. Drymon JM, Carassou L, Powers SP, Grace MA, Dindo J, Dzwonkowski B. 2013. Multi-scale analysis of factors affecting the distribution of sharks throughout the Gulf of Mexico. Fishery Bulletin 111: 370-380.
7.* Powers SP, Fodrie FJ, Scyphers SB, Drymon JM, Shipp RL, Stunz W. 2013. Gulf-wide decreases in the size of large coastal sharks documented by generations of fishermen. Marine and Coastal Fisheries 5(1): 93-102. *Named Outstanding Paper of 2013 in Marine and Coastal Fisheries
6. Gregalis KC, Schlenker LS, Drymon JM, Mareska J, Powers SP. 2012. Efficacy of vertical longlines to survey reef fish populations in the northern Gulf of Mexico. Transactions of the American Fisheries Society 141: 1453-1464.
4. Powers SP, Hightower CL, Drymon JM, Johnson M. 2012. Age composition and distribution of red drum (Sciaenops ocellatus) in offshore waters of the north central Gulf of Mexico: an evaluation of a stock under a federal harvest moratorium. Fishery Bulletin 110: 283-292.
2. Ulrich GF, Jones CM, Driggers WB, Drymon JM, Oakley D, Riley C. 2007. Habitat utilization, relative abundance and seasonality of sharks in the estuarine and nearshore waters of South Carolina. American Fisheries Society Symposium 50:125-139.
1. Drymon JM, Driggers WB, Oakley D, Ulrich GF. 2006. Investigating differences in life history parameters among small coastal sharks: comparing the finetooth shark, Carcharhinus isodon, between the Gulf of Mexico and the Northwest Atlantic Ocean. Gulf of Mexico Science 2006 (1/2): pp 2-10.